I don't know how you have your clip method set up, but I ran into clip snags
when I did my G2D object.  Basically, you have to call...

cb.clip();
cb.newPath();

After that it works fine.  I haven't worked with templates, so I don't know
how that complicates things.

-Kevin

This message contains confidential business information that is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, interception, copying, distribution
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
email is prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please
notify the sender by forwarding the message back to the sender,
and then delete the original information from your system.