I'm at a loss how to accompish a couple of items:

I'm basically trying to generate a report as a PDF using iText v0.90.
The output of this report is intended to be printed on pre-printed forms.
This means that the data must be placed exactly on the page, primarily for the header, detail will always follow the header and can repeat.

The first issue is that the report needs to output "Page X of Y" where X is the page number of this page of this invoice and Y is the total number of pages for this invoice NOT the total number of pages in the report (which could have multiple invoices).

Second issue is that the "header" at the top of the page changes with every invoice, but the report can have multiple invoices, so how can I change the report header? Remember that the header must be positined absolutely to fit the preprinted form fields.

I've experimented with templates, but so far all I've accomplished is to get all the data written over the top if itself on on the pages.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

rob hedin
NDS Systems, LC