That's easy to do. Use PdfReader and PdfStamper. In PdfReader read the
catalog, there's a key called Metadata that contains a stream. Read the
stream (there are examples to do it in PdfReader), modify the text and
create a new stream, replacing the original metadata key. In general
PdfStamper outputs the contents of a PdfReader including the modifications.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares