Those are two different universes. If you are using Document.add(table) then
what counts is setWidthPercentage(). If you are placing the table at a
precise position with writeSelectedRows() then it's setTotalWidth() that
counts.
It feels strange because you are using the first option.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares