--- Paulo Soares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No member of the team said that there aren't plans
> to support PDF/X in the future. As you saw, iText

  Yes, and it bothered me when I saw that remark.  I
remember approximately the comments from which it was
derived, but I felt this last comment contained
inferences that weren't necessarily present at the
source.

  I see both list members who took part in that
discussion (we'll call them the "incumbent" and the
"challenger") as valuable members of this community,
the "incumbent" being a wealth of PDF-specific
knowledge, and the "challenger" possessing what
appears to be a fairly rare perspective on PDF from
the user side.  Either one's departure would represent
a loss.  However, at the risk of starting a flame war,
of which I want or need no part, that comment looked
suspiciously like a complaint.  As with all OSS, any
user is welcome and encouraged to develop and
contribute functionality and while it's nice to ask
and receive, being in a position to help yourself is
no bad thing either.  A quick query of the list will
usually yield a pointer into the right approach and/or
starting point for any feature addition.

$0.02

-Matt