You need X even if it's not running. The reason is that the packages java.awt.* need to link with the X libraries. Maybe it's possible to use PJA as the only class really needed is java.awt.Color.

Best Regards,
Paulo Soares

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Koushik
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [iText-questions] Facing problem in iText with X-WIndows not installed

Hi
We have successfully used iText in creating PDF Reports in Windows platform.
What if we are deploy our application in Linux platform not having X-Windows installed.
While trying to generate the PDF Report, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError is coming because of java.awt.* package i guess.
Is there any way out to generate the Reports without having X-Windows installed or we need to install X-Windows.

Looking forward to yours reply.

Thanks and Regards
Koushik