-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Avelino
Herrera
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 3:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [iText-questions] A problem with Graphics2D fonts

    Hi, all.
    I'm trying to build a JPanel subclass (named JPanelPDF) that
includes a custom "printPDF" public method to write the JPanel to a PDF
document ussing Graphics2D returned by "PdfContentByte.createGraphics(w,
h, mapper)". The idea is to design any JPanelPDF subclass with a WYSIWYG
GUI editor (such as JDeveloper, NetBeans, etc) and, directly do a
"panelObject.printPDF(outputStream)" at runtime. The object runs ok but
it must to be showed previously to be printed to the PDF (?). If i
directly call the panel's printPDF method the output PDF document only
contains the non-text objects but if i shows previously the panel in any
container (such a JFrame or JDialog) and then call panel's printPDF
method, the output PDF document is ok (with lovelly vectorial fonts :-) ).
    I am ussing TrueType fonts (calling
"DefaultFontMapper.insertDirectory(...)") and at design time, in
JDeveloper, i can see the fonts correctly since i do a
"Font.createFont(Font.TRUETYPE_FONT, new FileInputStream(path))" to get
the adecuate "java.awt.Font" objects.
    Thanks in advance.

Avelino Herrera