[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want to generate PDF file for "Hindi" uniocde text
> it shows simple hindi character in PDF but when word consist of halant
> uniocde character 094D it shows wrong word in PDF display, I am using
> mangal font which is with XP

iText has difficulties making correct ligatures in Hindi; see:
http://itext.ugent.be/itext-in-action/examples/chapter12/results/hindi.pdf
No developer from India has helped us by contributing code that
solves this problem; I you can help us you are very welcome.
If you don't have the time, or don't want to do this for free, you
could work around the problem using PdfGraphics2D:
http://itext.ugent.be/itext-in-action/examples/chapter12/HindiExample.java
best regards,
Bruno