> in MS Word setBackgroundColor doesn't work and setRowspan works fine;
> but in OpenOffice setBackgroundColor works and setRowspan doesn`t.
>
> How can I solve this problem? Which rtf viewer must i use for itext?
>
> I tested this example with itext releases 1.3 and 2.0, MS Word 97
> and 2000 and Openofiice 1.1 and 2.0

The official answer to this is that the only officially supported
viewer is MS Word XP.

While most things work in the older MS Word versions as well, I do
not have access to them, so I can't test them and thus they are not
supported. The same goes for newer Word versions.
For Openoffice the rule is the newer the better, but their RTF import
filters aren't perfect (nt that I can blame them, RTF is a terrible
format).

Greetings,
Mark