From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leonard
Rosenthol
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:25 AM
To: Post all your questions about iText here
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] How to change a PDF but preserve the rights

It can't.

If you make ANY changes to the PDF you will break the rights. It's specifically
designed this way to detect tampering.

The only choice you have, if you wish to distribute a file with Reader
Enablement is to purchase Adobe LiveCycle ES and have it
process your document AFTER you do whatever dynamic functionality you wish.

Leonard