Hello list,

i create a pdf with itext2.0.5 that consists of several other pdfs. i
do this by smth like

for each currentPart {
         page = resultWriter.getImportedPage(new
PdfReader(currentPart), i);
         resultWriter.addPage(page);
}

Everythings fine except some tool tips seem to disappear. The first
part of the resulting pdf is a separate pdf that consists of one page
and contains several form elements; it serves as a template. One
element is a group of three checkboxes for the salutation of the
customer, having the tool tips "Herr", "Frau", "Firma" (german
language). This form is filled by our java code at runtime with the
data the customer entered into the application. So if she chose "Frau"
the Frau-checkbox is selected in the resulting pdf, and so on.

After the resulting pdf is created it contains all parts including the
first page form with all data entered by the customer. But the tooltip
of each checkbox now say "Herr", no matter if the pointer is over the
Frau- or Firma-checkbox.

Other checkbox groups in the result form show the same effect, having
the same tool tip value for each group member. The selected value
seems to have no effect on the tool tip, it's value is always the same
value as the first checkbox within the group.

I simply don't know where to look for the cause of the problem, our
itext api code does not consider any tool tip manipulation and I am
not an expert in designing the form with adobe creator or whatsoever.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Chris