Thank you for your help. I tried the following but the resulta were the
same: space between lines int the cell are the same no matter what i did.

                  ph = new Phrase((float)0.1, st.getM_data2(), plainFont);
                  cl = new Cell(ph);
                  t.addCell(cl);

-or-
                  ph = new Phrase((float)10.5, st.getM_data2(), plainFont);
                  cl = new Cell(ph);
                  t.addCell(cl);
-or-
                  ph = new Phrase(st.getM_data2(), plainFont);
                  cl = new Cell(ph);
                  t.addCell(cl);

-Henry