We have an application that generates PDF reports and we need to now
concern ourselves with i18n.  Arial Unicode seems to be the best font
for this matter but I wonder if there would be any legal issues for us
to have the font residing in our application server, which would
generate reports and embed Arial Unicode into them (and then send to
client machines).

Since this server can be either unix or windows, we would want the font
to be referenced from a directory within our webapplication.  Using the
path 'c:/windows/fonts' would not work.  However, I suspect that this
might not be legal and could potentially get me into trouble.

Is there a way to use Arial Unicode and NOT embed it?  If so, can you
kindly point me to a resource or give me a clue as to how?  This would
be the preferred way for me.  Thank you,

-Alejandro

Embedding it in your application?  Or having your application embed

it into a PDF?  Those are two VERY different things...

Leonard