charles chandran wrote:
> Hi Andi,

I'm not Aandi; Aandi answered a similar question on news://comp.text.pdf

>                    I got the idea, you know my requirement is how to
> recognize an embedded Arial font with font encryption:built-in.

I repeat: I don't know anything about your requirements.
Define "recognize".

>  As acrobat viewer api can't recognize these embedded fonts, so i just
> want them to make recognizable, no need of changing font.

If you made a raster image of your original document,
you won't find any font in the PDF.

>   or change the font encryption to ansi.

Font encryption? You probably mean font encoding.
Even then, your question doesn't make sense.

IF you are rasterizing a PDF, the text no longer consists of
characters, there's NO font in the PDF, no characters, no need
for an encoding. I'm sorry, but that's the end of the line.
There is no solution for whatever problem you may have with
the font.

If on the other hand you have experienced a problem with some
conversion program screwing up fonts and encodings: that's NOT
OUR PROBLEM; that's the problem of the company that sold you
faulty conversion software.

Your question about the encoding puzzles me. Are you by any
chance converting plain text files to PDF using the wrong
encoding (I know that you said you are converting Word to PDF;
but to some people every type of text is Word, just like some
people say they are using EXCEL as a database)?
If so, it would be sufficient to define the right encoding
when converting the original files to PDF. It would be madness
to create faulty PDFs first, then 'repair' them with iText.
Why don't you create the PDFs correctly to start with?

And what exactly do you expect from this mailing list? because
that's not clear to me. Are you using iText in your workflow?
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA