I don't think you'll find a lot of list members who will look through the
1500+ lines of code you posted to solve your problem.

Have you looked at the discussion of displaying page count in the book? That
would be a good place to start.

If you have, and that has not solved your problem, you should consider doing
what I think most folks would do: copy the known working code from the book
into your program and adjust your code to use it. Then test and modify as
needed.

If that does not solve the problem, then post your code for this operation
as you tried it (I recommend a maximum of  30-40 lines) to the list and ask
for help.

---mr. bean