Hello

Actually, it seems to be possible... Not for comment with Adobe Reader
but for Foxit.

Here's what i did, following the answers to my questions.

I used

Pdf Reader reader = new PdfReader("file_with_restritions.pdf");
PdfEncryptor.encrypt ( reader, new
FileOutputStream("file_without_restritions.pdf"), null, null,
PdfWriter.ALLOW_ASSEMBLY | (....other permissions.....), false );

That document, before i did this, had some restritions, including
"comment not allowed".

With Adobe Reader i still couldn't add any comments, although it said
that it was "allowed"(under the document security properties, not under
adobe document properties). But i tried the Foxit reader and VOILÁ! It
seems that Adobe Reader "ignores" all the "allowed" document permissions
if those permissions weren't set by adobe software like Adobe Acrobat.
Foxit only "reades" the document permissions so it is possible to
comment using this tool.

Hope this helps,
Diana