Just to get this into the archives: the response was correct in that
parseLength returns 0 if the argument does not start with a number. For
"line-height: normal" this behavior clearly breaks things. I posted a bug
report at:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&atid=115255&aid=2556177&group_id=15255

In that, I also enclosed a small patch that basically makes "line-height:
normal" equivalent to "line-height: 100%". When (or even whether) that it gets
implemented is of course not my call.