Mike:

If I read it correctly, Bruno's point is that what you're describing is
*not* converting a JSP page to PDF. A JSP is a template with commands to the
servlet engine, bits of HTML, etc. Why would anyone turn a JSP file into a
PDF?

As I read it, the OP's question (if not taken literally) asks whether you
could use iText to write a servlet (or servlet engine) that would generate
PDFs using a JSP syntax.

The answer is sure. But why would you not use a reporting library, of which
there are dozens? That way you get a report as your PDF document rather than
the equivalent of a screen capture of an HTML page. And you have to write
very little of your own code.

Hope that helps.

---mr. bean