My question is if you can delete right after stamper.Close().

Paulo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Blackwell" <akblack...@gmail.com>
To: "Post all your questions about iText here"
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] deleting a pdf after creating

Paulo,

Thanks for the comments,

But still wont let me delete. I missed a line when posting, but I added

        stamper.Close()

But I still get

Dim FormFile As String = "form.pdf"
       Dim outFile As String = "Out.pdf"
       Dim reader As New PdfReader(FormFile)
       Dim Fstream As FileStream = New FileStream(outFile, FileMode.Create)
       Dim stamper As New PdfStamper(reader, Fstream)Dim
pdfFormFields As AcroFields = stamper.AcroFields
       pdfFormFields.SetField("contractno", contractno.Text)
        reader.Close()
        stamper.Close()

blah blah blah

Try
           Dim SendFrom As MailAddress = New MailAddress("someaddress@")
           Dim sendTo As MailAddress = New MailAddress("Someaddress@")
           Dim MyMessage As MailMessage = New MailMessage(SendFrom, sendTo)
           MyMessage.Subject = "Attached PDF "
           Dim attachFile As New Attachment("Out.pdf")
           MyMessage.Attachments.Add(attachFile)

           Dim mailClient As SmtpClient = New SmtpClient

           MyMessage.IsBodyHtml = False
           mailClient.Host = "mail.com"
           mailClient.Port = "25"
           mailClient.Credentials = New
Net.NetworkCredential("fromaddress", "Password")
           mailClient.Send(MyMessage)
            Dim fileinfo As FileInfo = New FileInfo("Out.pdf")
            Fstream.Close()

            If Not Fstream Is Nothing Then
                Fstream.Dispose()
                Fstream = Nothing
            End If

            If fileinfo.Exists Then

                File.Delete("Out.pdf")
            End If

        Catch ex As Exception
            Response.Write(ex.ToString)
        End Try

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Out.pdf'
because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Test.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)