Hello all,

as you know you can find all the examples that are discussed in the
second edition of "iText in Action" here:
http://itextpdf.com/examples/index.php?page=chapters

Some of these examples didn't work with iText 5.0.2 because iText 5.0.2
dates from before the final chapter of the book was written. They only
worked with the iText version that could be downloaded from the SVN
repository (the "SNAPSHOT" version of iText 5.0.3).

Today, I've released iText 5.0.3:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/itext/files/
All the examples that are  in the book should work with this new
version. A Technical Editor at Manning is currently testing this, but if
you find some problem with the examples, please post a message to the
mailing list (where it will be picked up by either me or the Technical
Editor).

iText 5.0.3 is a maintenance release. You can find the changelog here:
http://itextpdf.com/history.php?branch=history.50&node=503
As you can see, most of the items start with "Bugfix".

Once the book is released (after the Copy Editing, the Technical
Editing, Layout, Proof Reading and Printing), we'll work on new
functionality such as better HTML parsing with HTMLWorker (several
patches were posted) and an improved and compiled version of RUPS.

best regards,
Bruno