On 27/09/2010 18:09, Karen Lima wrote:
> I was curious, when is the final version of the second edition of "iText in
> Action" book going to be available ?

I finished reading the "first pages" in the weekend.
First pages is the first version from the typesetter
and I had to read it to detect errors. Note that a
copy editor has introduced changes with respect to
the "English language" and by doing so changed the
meaning of what I wrote occasionally.

I crashed immediately after I uploaded the changes.
I had to stay in bed with a fever almost all Sunday.
It's as if my body wasn't allowed to be ill during
the writing process, and with the proof reading phase
almost finished my body said: "Well, now you have to
listen to me for a change..."

Yesterday, I revised the index of the book.
Coming up next: "second pages", "third pages", etc...
Once we can't find any more errors in the book, it will
be printed (I've read it so many times by now, I'm
getting word blind).

> Also, for people like myself that have already purchased the book through
> the MEAP program, how will we be receiving the final version of the second
> edition ?

You'll receive a mail with a link to the new eBook version,
and if you've ordered the print version, the paper book will
be sent to you by snail mail.

The book will be presented at Devoxx on November 15,
so it has to be ready by the end of October.

> By the way, I used the sample code that you sent me on this incident and it
> is working great.

Thanks,
Bruno