You missed 1T3XT BVBA's earlier post.

>> Check out the paintToPdf method in this old example from the first book:
>> https://itext.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/itext/examples/src/in_action/chapter12/JTextPaneToPdf.java

>> If ta is a JTextPane, g2 a PdfGraphics2D object and alloc a Rectangle, you can do:
>> ta.getUI().getRootView(ta).paint(g2, alloc);

not

ta.paint(g2) or ta.print(g2)

Neither of those will work.

FYI, I am the author of that original example.

You can definitely to what you want to do here, you just have to follow the rules.

-Bill Ensley
www.bearprinting.com

On 4/3/2011 8:43 AM, momom...@sina.com wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for reminding me of using PdfGraphics2D to solve my save pdf file problme. Actually I am new to iText and I search some info of PdfGraphics2D. Here are my solutions:

public void setTexttoPdf(String filePath,JTextPane ta) throws IOException, DocumentException{
Document pdfDoc = new Document();
FileOutputStream pdfFile = new FileOutputStream(new File(filePath));

PdfWriter writer=PdfWriter.getInstance(pdfDoc, pdfFile);
writer.setStrictImageSequence(true);
pdfDoc.open();

PdfContentByte cb = writer.getDirectContent();
cb.saveState();
DefaultFontMapper mapper = new DefaultFontMapper();
PdfGraphics2D g2 = (PdfGraphics2D)cb.createGraphics(612, 792, mapper);

ta.paint(g2);
ta.print(g2);
cb.restoreState();
pdfDoc.close();
}

Then I insert a picture(jpg) in my Jtextpane and tried to save it as a pdf file, but what I got is an empty pdf file. What's wrong with my code???

Thanks a lot for your favor~!

Yours Chen