On Thu, September 8, 2011 10:40, Bruno Lowagie wrote:

> Hello Horst,
>
> I didn't see any new info in your answer to Zachary's question.
>
> Zachary (aka Me, Myself and I) makes two assumptions that are wrong:
> - "itext 2.1.7 was non-payment": that is not true. In the past companies
> have bought a commercial license because they wanted to be released from
> the requirements of the F/OSS license.
> - he expects to get help about "RTF parser". RTF parsing functionality
> was never finished and was abandoned by its developer (who wasn't
> afiliated with any of the iText companies at all). Currently, I don't
> know anybody who is willing to offer RTF support for any iText library.

My version of Google tells me that there are plenty of RTF to XML parsers
available, some of them with a "commercial-compatible" F/OSS licence, some
even written in Java. I suggest that Zachary investigates that path first,
and once he has parsed his RTF into XML, he can use iText to create a PDF.

I don't see a problem with using two different libraries to solve two
different problems.

--
Amedee Van Gasse