Op 17/04/2012 19:10, omid schreef:

Hi

First, I should thankful you because of your helps and guides to me.

I have studied 'PDF reference 1.7' completely and I was faced with several questions that I hope you can answer to them.

1. Where place does 'Metadata' stored? In main file(main content) or another file?

If you have read the PDF reference 1.7 completely, then you know that Metadata can be stored:
1. in an info dictionary
2. in an XMP stream that covers the complete document
3. in XMP streams that cover specific parts (e.g. a specific page)
As you have read in the reference, all of this metadata is stored in the file.

2.       What does information stored in 'metadata stream'?

You have read this in the PDF reference, so I'll skip this question.

3. If the table is split across multiple pages, How to specifies page area inner table? In the other word, what symbol insert inner table?

You can nest tables by adding a table instance to another table using the addCell() method.

4.       Does PDF support HTML and CSS?

iText supports converting HTML/CSS to PDF, but the PDF specification itself doesn't support HTML/CSS (unless you're referring to Rich Text).

5.       Does TOC stored in main content or another file?

Define TOC.
Do you mean bookmarks? These are called outlines in the PDF reference. So when you read the part about the outline tree in the PDF reference, you were reading about bookmarks. Do you mean specific pages with a table of contents (and maybe some links to the content), then these are no different from other pages, except that they have Link annotations with local goto actions.

A PDF is a single file. The only case in which you may need external resources is when you use fonts that aren't embedded.

Thank you for testing our knowledge about the PDF specification. What was the purpose of this pop quiz if you have already studied the PDF reference completely yourself?