Hello Wouter,

I forwarded your mail to Dries. We're meeting @ Acquia in Boston on July
10th. We'll brainstorm about the different options.

Many have started an attempt to port iText to PHP; all attempts have
failed so far. PHP is very different from Java, and I don't see any
competing PDF products as feature-rich as iText that are written in PHP.

I'll keep you posted about what Dries and I discussed.
best regards,
Bruno Lowagie