The check for SunPKCS11 was to fix a problem many years ago that I'm
sure is not relevant anymore. Should a specific provider be used just
for hashing or should a new interface be introduced that would take
care of the hashing? The interface could call the BC functions
directly and wouldn't even need to have BC registered. This hashing
issues are coming up too frequently and it's time to fix them.

Paulo