I am currently implementing a Java class to sign a PDF document using LTV.

After reading about LTV in this mailing list and in the Digital Signature
paper, I've read that DSS may not be necessary for a document to appear as
LTV-enabled in recent Acrobat Reader versions, as long as it contains all
the VRI for all certificates embeded. Also, the Digital Signature paper
indicates that when the DSS is added, a second revision appears in the
document.

I want to sign any PDF document in a single revision that is shown as
LTV-enabled in Adobe Reader XI. Currently, all my signing tests are done
using a smartcard (PKCS#11), which has a certificate chain of size 3.

So, my questions are:
1. Is there a code snippet which signs a PDF document that is shown as
LTV-enabled in Adobe Reader?
2. If there wasn't, can you provide me a code snippet to embed all VRI
information for all certificates in a document? (I presume LTV requires VRI
for the certificate chain, the timestamp and CRL/OCSP responses)

I have tried to get this done, but it I've invested dozens of hours of
trying various changes to the snippets in the Digital Signature paper and
reading of iText's Javadoc, but to no avail. Neither trying to cram the DSS
in the 1st revision nor using the LtvVerification.addVerification() and
LtvVerification.merge() methods have worked.

Thanks in advance for your help.