From: Eduardo Pindado [mailto:edu_p...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 15 February 2013 11:24
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [iText-questions] Encoding base64 in Barcode

I'm trying to generate a PDF with digital signature. After getting it, I
wanted to add the signature information in base64 to a barcode, but i don't
know what code type have to use. I tested with BarcodePDF417 but I get this
error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: The text is
too big.

at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BarcodePDF417.textCompaction (BarcodePDF417.java:
359)

at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BarcodePDF417.assemble (BarcodePDF417.java: 604)

at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BarcodePDF417.paintCode (BarcodePDF417.java: 675)

at com.lowagie.text.pdf.BarcodePDF417.getImage (BarcodePDF417.java: 772)

at firmaPDF.insertaBarCode (firmaPDF.java: 169)

at firmaPDF.main (firmaPDF.java: 61)

The sign has between 1800 and 3000 characters, minimum and maximum. This is
the code I have:

PdfReader reader = null;

PdfStamper stamper = null;

         try {

             reader = new PdfReader (rutaEntrada);

             stamper = new PdfStamper (reader, new FileOutputStream
(rutaSalida));

            int maxPagina = reader.getNumberOfPages();

             PdfContentByte underContent = stamper.getUnderContent
(maxPagina);

             / / Insert barcode

             BarcodePDF417 BarcodePDF417 codePDF417 = new ();

             codePDF417.setText (deskSign.getString ());

             Image imageEAN codePDF417.getImage = ();

             imageEAN.setAbsolutePosition (100f, 10f);

             underContent.addImage (imageEAN);

         } Catch .....

Do i have to define something more? Or should I use other encodings?

thanks