Shafi hameed,

Shafi hameed wrote
> I have a pdf file in which all the contents are in Arial font. my
> requirement is to set a space between every character. eg. i want to
> change 'HELLO' as 'H E L L O'.

Unless you only need to do that for the single PDF you mentioned (or a some
PDFs internally very similar), that is a hell of an assignment. And as your
title in your footer says that you are a "Sr. Software engineer", I'm
inclined to doubt that this is only an excercise with only one target PDF...

Some questions, therefore:

 1. Do you really only need to process that one PDF you mentioned? Or only
PDFs internally very similar? In these cases, please provide that PDF.

 2. Can the text content of the PDFs in question be considered parsable?

 3. How wide should that space be? The width of a regular space character?
Some custom width? A width to calculate from font size and style?

 4. Inserting a space makes text lines longer. Does your assignment include
reflowing lines which afterwards would reach beyond some margin? In that
case, are the margins and the general page structure known?

 5. When copying and pasting text from your PDF, shall that text also
include the spaces?

 6. Does your assignment involve shifting annotations and jump targets which
might be considered anchored relative to certain page content?

Depending on the answers there may follow more questions still.

Regards,   Michael