On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:35:03 +0200, Leonard Rosenthol <lrose...@adobe.com>
wrote:

> I haven't see an actual PDF, so not sure what Acrobat/Reader is doing
> that is not expected.

I wouldn't say it's a bug.
When you have the following XMP metadata

<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";>
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";><dc:format>application/pdf</dc:format><dc:description><rdf:Alt><rdf:li>This

example shows how to add
metadata</rdf:li></rdf:Alt></dc:description><dc:subject><rdf:Bag><rdf:li>This
example shows how to add
metadata</rdf:li></rdf:Bag></dc:subject><dc:title><rdf:Alt><rdf:li>Hello
World
example</rdf:li></rdf:Alt></dc:title><dc:creator><rdf:Seq><rdf:li>Bruno
Lowagie</rdf:li></rdf:Seq></dc:creator></rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
xmlns:pdf="http://ns.adobe.com/pdf/1.3/";><pdf:Producer>iText®
5.4.2-SNAPSHOT ©2000-2012 1T3XT BVBA
(AGPL-version)</pdf:Producer><pdf:Keywords>Metadata, iText,
PDF</pdf:Keywords></rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/";><xmp:CreateDate>2013-05-24T10:04:32+02:00</xmp:CreateDate><xmp:ModifyDate>2013-05-24T10:04:32+02:00</xmp:ModifyDate><xmp:CreatorTool>My

program using iText</xmp:CreatorTool></rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF></x:xmpmeta>

Adobe Reader combines the following information:

<pdf:Keywords>Metadata, iText, PDF</pdf:Keywords>
<dc:subject><rdf:Bag><rdf:li>This example shows how to add
metadata</rdf:li></rdf:Bag></dc:subject>

It puts the content of the <pdf:Keywords> tag between double quotes, and
it adds all entries of the <dc:subject> tag, separated with a semicolon.
For instance:

"Metadata, iText, PDF";This example shows how to add metadata

Would you call that a bug? I don't know. I think it's great that Reader
shows the Keywords as well as the subject info.