/> That looks like a case of garbage in, garbage out./

I agree but we receive some pdf from our dealer that SHOULD have 26 pages
(the last page contains the signature) and we must extract the first, fifth
and 28th. page. But possibly there was an error and it was built without
some pages.

The selectpages() method - if the pdf does not contains the 26th page
requested - does not care and returns the last page. If we say that this is
by design, I will run a check of total pages before the extract, but an
exception that says that the input is invalid could be appropriate as well.

Regards. Giuseppe.