I have a lineup of PDF files that break itextsharp 5.4.4 and above when
modified with the contentbyte & stamper object
stack trace is below

the error does NOT happen on itextsharp 5.4.3 (last working version)

If you want the PDF file for testing I can make it available.

I can work around it by staying at 5.4.3 because I do not use any of the new
features, the purpose of this post is to bring this to the developers
attention for future consideration and others benefit.

thanks
Hakan

System.Xml.XmlException was unhandled
  LineNumber=5
  LinePosition=68
  Message=Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 5, position 68.
  Source=System.Xml
  SourceUri=""
  StackTrace:
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32&
bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos,
Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader,
Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
       at
iTextSharp.xmp.impl.XmpMetaParser.ParseXmlFromBytebuffer(ByteBuffer buffer,
ParseOptions options)
       at iTextSharp.xmp.impl.XmpMetaParser.ParseXml(Object input,
ParseOptions options)
       at iTextSharp.xmp.impl.XmpMetaParser.Parse(Object input, ParseOptions
options)
       at iTextSharp.xmp.XmpMetaFactory.ParseFromBuffer(Byte[] buffer,
ParseOptions options)
       at iTextSharp.xmp.XmpMetaFactory.ParseFromBuffer(Byte[] buffer)
       at iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfStamperImp.Close(IDictionary`2 moreInfo)
       at iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfStamper.Close()