This is because the ';'is a predefined special character for XMP metadata as
defined in ISO 16682-1.   There are no issues with iText.

Leonard

From: <Crosby>, Jonathan
<jonathan.cro...@swissglobal-am.com<mailto:jonathan.cro...@swissglobal-am.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:53 AM
To: Post here
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [iText-questions] Problem with iTextSharp

Hi there

We have discovered an error with your code. When setting MoreInfo using the
Stamper, there are some strange behaviours in combination with using some
special characters.

When the text being set contains a semicolon or a double quote, the keywords
text is duplicated. Here is a vb.net example:

        Dim pdf_Reader AsNewPdfReader(str_FilePathOriginal)
        Dim pdf_Stamper AsNewPdfStamper(pdf_Reader,
NewFileStream(str_FilePathNew, FileMode.Create))
        Dim pdf_Dictionary AsNewDictionary(OfString, String)

        pdf_Dictionary = pdf_Reader.Info

        pdf_Dictionary.Remove(str_MetaFieldWrite)
        pdf_Dictionary.Add(str_MetaFieldWrite, "Andy;")

        pdf_Stamper.MoreInfo = pdf_Dictionary

        pdf_Stamper.Close()

Result in the Metadata:
[cid:image001.png@01CF2CC9.F03E3110]

replacing the content of the field to
pdf_Dictionary.Add(str_MetaFieldWrite, "Andy")

result in the correct behaviour:
[cid:image002.png@01CF2CC9.F03E3110]

There may be further special characters causing this error. Please can you
resolve this problem or at least inform us, if this is the expected behaviour
of your tool and how we can avoid these duplicate values.

Many thanks for this great tool & kind regards
Jonathan Crosby

Jonathan Crosby
Business Technology
Swiss & Global Asset Management Ltd.
Hardstrasse 201, P.O. Box, CH-8037 Zurich
T +41 58 426 61 32
www.swissglobal-am.com<http://www.swissglobal-am.com/>

Swiss & Global cares about the environment: Please do not print this e-mail
unless you really need to.

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise us immediately and delete this message. See
https://www.swissglobal-am.com/Disclaimer_Email for further information on
confidentiality, the risks of non-secure electronic communication, and certain
disclosures which we are required to make in accordance with applicable
legislation and regulations. If you cannot access this link, please notify us
by reply message and we will send the contents to you.