Fulvia Grignaschi schreef op 12/06/2014 10:50:
> why is it working fine on Windows and not on Unix?

Because you probably used something like
"FontFactory.registerDirectories()".
This registers all the fonts in the font directories that can be found
on the OS.
Windows usually ships with Arial; Linux never ships with Arial, hence
the problem.
You need to have Arial on your Unix system if you want to embed Arial.

> I'm trying using XMLworker without stylesheet but I'm still getting helvetica
> not embedded exception.

Helvetica is the default font used by iText.
For instance: if you say that Arial is needed, and Arial can't be found
(which is the case on your Unix system) Helvetica is used instead.
Helvetica is one of the so called "Standard Type 1" fonts and iText will
never embed it, unless you provide the *.pfb file that corresponds with
the *.afm file for Helvetica.

Note that switching to XML Worker won't help if you don't have Arial on
your Unix system.