Can I use iText to add such named destinations on the fly?

The main concern is
        1. can iText, or PDFBox or other tools capable of adding names
destinations?

        2. what is the speed of iText's opening-modify-save the PDF? This is a
question analogous to the concept of "linearized PDF" which enables fast
viewing for web browsers by organizing page information to more "front" of the
document stream. If I would like to add named destinations to a PDF with iText,
can they be prepended before actually fully loading the entire document, using
C#/Java operations like simply appending something to the existing file at the
front, without even loading the entire one; or we must loading the entire
content first and then add the named destinations?

Feng

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:23 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrose...@adobe.com>