On Jan 30, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 14:37, Ricardo Lugo wrote:

>>> What did you use for recording? I know ps-analyzer won't work with
>>> vdr since vdr translates the program stream to a transport stream.
>>> I'm not sure what MythTV does (anyone know?).
>>
>> Hans,
>>
>> I used MythTV, which I believe dumps the MPEG2-PS straight to disk.
>>
>>> But more likely is that ps-analyzer is not big-endian safe.
>>
>> Hrm. Well, regardless of whether or not ps-analyzer was messed up,
>> making recordings using trunk on my PPC machine leads to a very
>> glitchy recording.
>>
>>> Can you give me a hexdump of the
>>> start of that same recording?
>>>
>>> E.g.: head -c 256 foo.mpg | od -t x1
>>
>> I've attached the result of that command.
>
> Aha! That helped. There was a swap missing for big endian systems. It
> should now work. I've also made ps-analyzer big-endian capable (I
> hope).
>
> Please test again!

SUCCESS! Not a single "Unknown" and a nice "end of file" at the end
of recordings made since upgrading to r3763.

Big-Endian systems are good to go ENC and DEC-wise. And it seems that
the problems plaguing SMP machines are no more (at least on PPC SMP
machines :-).

I can see a pattern emerging with these byteswaps. I will try to
figure out what is wrong with the colors on the PPC FrameBuffer
(hopefully it is something simple). Any hints on variables/functions
that might determine the colors?

Many thanks yet again, Hans!
- Rick