On 2/1/07, Paul Tammes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello from Holland, hope to get some advise from real technical people.
> Me I am just a fan of tech, not real savy.
>
> I got an Aopen dual tuner TV card here. Google on VA2000 gave this list
> and some talk about changing cards.c
> No hoorah post later on, so I fear I am in bad luck for Linux?

It looks like there is some code for this card is in ivtv-cards.c but
I doubt it was tested thoroughly.

> Being a startrek fan I must say: I am a bookkeeper, not a coder!
> So any clues on where I would want to do that are welcome. I can do some
> basic editing using Kate and all.
> But heavy coding would be out of my league.

Probably applying small patches Hans will make when he has time to look at it.

> The card itself is high-end, LSI chip it says somewhere, but dmesg shows
> C-Cube Microsystems.
> And hardware info from Suse mentions a ?E4 multimediacontroller, but
> does not feel like doing anything.

The first thing to do is install the IVTV modules Suse provide in
version 10.2 and check if it works. Then look in your kernel log and
provide the INIT IVTV START to END.

Greets
Sander