On Feb 8, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Jeff Simpson wrote:

>>> Only if you want a limited-use frontend. You can only play mpeg2 on
>>> it, which means no automatic transcoding, no dvds, etc. It is a good
>>> way to breathe life into older hardware, but I can't recommend this
>>> card to anyone with a fast machine.
>>
>> That's what I use it for: an advanced VCR.
>
> VCRs can fast forward and rewind. The PVR-350 can't, it's not
> supported.

Actually, I find that jump forward/backward is infinitely more useful
than fast forward and rewind. Why wait for several seconds to move
through an advertisement when a jump of +30 seconds will do? The
PVR-350 does fine in this regard. In fact, in my experience, it's
better than with XvMC on an nVidia card.

This is not to say that you don't have good points, Jeff. However,
the fact is that the PVR-350 is still quite useful even if it doesn't
(and cannot) support all that MythTV is capable of.

--scott