Alex Izvorski wrote:
> I am wondering what it would take to get support for the CX23418 chip?

Hans (The main developer atm), estimated it would take at least 6 months
for it to be done. But this was by himself probably and any help you or
other people can give will speed this up. Code wise I have no clue.

> Is anybody already working on it?  How much work is it?  Are people at
> least interested?

Nobody as none have the datasheet. Without it it will be very difficult
and will take a long time.

> I am trying to obtain a datasheet, I'll keep you all posted ;)

Hans is/was trying the same :-)

> It seems like cards based on this (HVR-1600 etc) mey be gradually
> replacing the CX23416-based cards, at least in the Hauppauge product
> line, so this is going to become kind of important.

Hans, CCing you to be sure you read this ;-) You may have a partner in
getting the CX23418 supported.

Greets
Sander