> 6) Scaling and positioning of the video
>
> The cx23415 can take the MPEG stream and scale it to an arbitrary width
> and height and position it at anywhere in the TV-out screen. So you can
> get effects like having the MPEG output to the top left corner and an
> OSD in the lower right corner.
>
> With VIDIOC_S_FMT I can set the width and height, but there is no
> provision for an x and y coordinate. Can the struct v4l2_pix_format be
> expanded to include this? It would be the logical place for it. For
> most devices the x and y would always to 0, so I don't think it would
> be a problem.

Hmm... Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does it make sense to use non
0 x,y if you don't have the OSD API defined?

I suspect that this feature is really interesting with OSD. If so, maybe
we can discuss it a little later, together with OSD API. For example, we
may thing on one tv out positioning API, generic enough to be used by
both mpeg output and osd. Something like:

struct {
        enum  type {
                OSD,
                VIDEO