Nicholas Fearnley wrote:

> And can this method be used to compile the driver(s) directly in to
> the kernel as I do currently with the DVB drivers??

IIRC, this won't work because the driver needs to be able to load the
firmware right away, and it may not be available yet.

We would would need to make the firmware load triggerable by ioctl
(perhaps even delaying i2c client connections until then, to bypass the
same problem occuring with the cx25840 driver) in the case of non-module
compilation.

Hans, correct me if I'm wrong.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831