On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:19, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 02 mars 2007 à 15:33 +0100, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> > On Friday 02 March 2007 01:17, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Just thought I'd give a quick update: today the v4l-dvb
> > > maintainer mailed the merge request for ivtv to Linus. The big
> > > question is whether Linus will still accept it for 2.6.21 or
> > > whether it will be postponed to 2.6.22. We are past the closing
> > > time for large updates for 2.6.21, so I'd say it's 50/50 at best.
> > > Fingers crossed...
> >
> > And it's going to be 2.6.22. Oh well, I'm not really surprised. At
> > least it will give me some more time to smooth some rough edges.
>
> Don't worry, it's in 2.6.21-rc2-mm1 so you'll have bug reports in the
> meanwhile
>
> Bwawawawa ;)
>
> Also now the core driver is being merged, maybe you need to do
> separate releases for userspace & driver ?

I'll have to think about this. For that matter, I'm not sure whether I
should maintain ivtv in svn at all now that it is in v4l-dvb. Having
two separate revision control systems is somewhat annoying.

(This is only for the trunk, the existing 0.4 and 0.10 branches will
always be maintained in svn).

Thanks,

        Hans