(This reply goes to ivtv-devel only)

These two enums are use to replace the old IVTV_IOC_S/G_YUV_INTERLACE
ioctls:

ioctl IVTV_IOC_S/G_YUV_INTERLACE: Use VIDIOC_S/G_FMT with type
V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OUTPUT. The 'field' member of v4l2_pix_format
contains the current field order or can be set to the new field order.
Note that this only works if the driver is in user DMA YUV mode (see
the comments in media/ivtv.h header for more info on this).

IVTV_YUV_MODE_INTERLACED | IVTV_YUV_SYNC_EVEN maps to
V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED_TB.

IVTV_YUV_MODE_INTERLACED | IVTV_YUV_SYNC_ODD maps to
V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED_BT.

IVTV_YUV_MODE_PROGRESSIVE maps to V4L2_FIELD_NONE.

IVTV_YUV_MODE_AUTO maps to V4L2_FIELD_ANY (the default).

It is no longer possible to set the threshold for the 'auto' mode. That
is done by the driver.

Ian: can you double check whether the default threshold makes any sense?
It is set to 480, but I would expect that it should be dependent on the
video standard (e.g. 480 NTSC, 576 PAL). I've added a
doc/conversion.txt document to ivtv trunk which will be filled with the
instructions on how to convert code for the 'old' driver to this new
API. So after you have checked the default threshold handling I'd
appreciate it if you could update the relevant section in that
document.

Thanks,

        Hans