(This reply goes to ivtv-devel only)

This doc plus the previous one implement the new V4L2 handling of the
OSD in terms of chromakeying and local/global alpha handling:

The chromakey and local/global alpha settings of the framebuffer are now
set using the v4l2 overlay functionality.

A new buffer type V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OUTPUT_OVERLAY was added to
support output overlays. By specifying this type with VIDIOC_S_FMT and
filling in the chromakey and/or global_alpha values of the v4l2_window
struct you can change the chromakey and global alpha.

To enable/disable chromakey/global alpha/local alpha in the framebuffer
you call VIDIOC_S_FBUF and specify the new flags
V4L2_FBUF_FLAG_LOCAL_ALPHA and V4L2_FBUF_FLAG_GLOBAL_ALPHA. The
corresponding capabilities V4L2_FBUF_CAP_LOCAL_ALPHA and
V4L2_FBUF_CAP_GLOBAL_ALPHA are also added.

All this replaces the following old ioctls:

IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_COLORKEY
IVTVFB_IOCTL_SET_COLORKEY
IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_ALPHA
IVTVFB_IOCTL_SET_ALPHA