On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 05:10:33PM -0500, Joe Henley wrote:

> I did have MythTV working pretty well.  Then I did a big update .... to
> ivtv 0.3.6w, to FC3 version 2.6.11-1.35_FC3, to lirc 0.7.1-46, to
> mplayer 1.0-45.  I'm running MythTV 0.18.1.
>
> After a couple of problems I could noodle thru myself, I'm stumped on
> one.  When I watch live TV, it plays for maybe ten seconds and then
> reverts back to the Myth menu.  If I press a remote control key, it acts
> the same but reverts (crashes) all the way back to the desktop.

I had this problem for awhile, turned out (in my case, anyway) to be
that I was loading the ivtv modules *after* starting the backend,
which caused the sort of problem you're seeing.  Try restarting the
backend once you're sure the ivtv module is loaded.

HTH,
Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby