Clearcase is in my eyes a *source* config management system. Jar files are generated/compiled binaries from sources. So no source repository - also not clearcase - would be a good solution for managing binary configurations.

Instead I would stick to a maven repository like sonatype nexus for the binaries. Ivy can handle any maven repository, also nexus. And your ivy.xml is making for you the config management of the binaries. ivy.xml itself is again managed by clearcase, so your config managment needs should be matched fully.

If you still insist using clearcase - which I do not recommend - you can handle the ivy:retrieve by providing your own resolvers in IVY
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.html

I would spent my time better in setting up a nexus locally in the enterprise, instead of investing into a non standard resolver solution based on clearcase...