On 12/7/06, Jacob Grydholt Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

As far as I can see from http://jira.jayasoft.org/browse/IVYDE-12, the
IvyDE supports source and javadoc attachments. However, I cannot find
any examples using this feature. As far as I can read from the
IVYDE-12 issue, I should extend the ivys in my repository so they
include source and javadoc artifacts. Could somebody please give a
short example of the use of this feature or point me to relevant
documentation?

There is no documentation for the moment, here are some basic explanations
of how it works for the moment:
When it find a jar artifact to add in the container, it looks for another
artifact with the same name and with a "source" type, and attach it as
source if it finds one. The type (source) can be configured.
So if you want to have source attached you should have an ivy file like this
one for your dependency:
<ivy-module version="1.0">
   <info organisation="thisorg" module="thismodule" revision="1.0.4"/>
   <configurations>
       <conf name="default"/>
       <conf name="sources"/>
   </configurations>
   <publications>
       <artifact name="myartifact" type="jar" conf="default" />
       <artifact name="myartifact" type="source" ext="zip" conf="sources"
/>
   </publications>
</ivy-module>
Then if you depend on it like this:
<dependency org="thisorg" name="thismodule" rev="1.0.4"
conf="default->default;dependencies-sources->sources" />

And if you resolve both the default and the dependencies-sources
configurations in IvyDE, you should get the myartifact.jar in the container
with sources from myartifact.zip attached.

Xavier

Best regards,
Jacob Grydholt Jensen