Hi Michele,

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 9:17 PM Michele Locati <mloc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The compilation fails with errors like this:
> >
> > package org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath2.processor does not exist
>
> Am I doing something wrong when I generate the jars as I described at
> https://lists.apache.org/thread/o3s5bp5rj4hbwdmzf1bwklxl7mxqo1vx ?
>
> If so, what should I do instead?
>
> Otherwise, I'm wondering how the binary files available at
> https://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#binary have been built without
> this patch...

The XercesJ build issues that you've described, have now been fixed on
XercesJ svn (both on trunk, and the branch xml-schema-1.1-dev). I've
used the improvements available within your XercesJ svn patch file
fix-build-jars-schema11.patch, to resolve these issues (many thanks
for that).

I've tested these XercesJ build improvements, both on windows and
linux environments, using JDK 1.7 (that's the Java language level,
that XercesJ currently supports as minimum, for the XercesJ build
binaries that are produced).

You may please take latest XercesJ svn updates, and let us know,
whether the XercesJ build issues that you were experiencing have been
resolved.

About the question,
"Otherwise, I'm wondering how the binary files available at
https://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#binary have been built without
this patch"

this could be done, using either of following two XercesJ build
commands : build.bat all (for windows), build.sh all (for linux).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi