Niamh

Having no further information, it looks to me that you might have a too old version of gsasl...

> checking for gsasl_check_version in -lgsasl... yes

This line says it can find gsasl and its library.

> checking for GnuSASL version>= 0.2.27... no

This line says it fails the version check. Do you have GSASL 0.2.27 or later installed? What does config.log say about it?

Regards,
Eric.

On 10/25/13 15:10, Niamh Holding wrote:

Hello Tomasz,

TS>  Try:
TS>  ./configure --with-extra-library-path=/usr/local/lib

Makes no difference

checking for gsasl.h... yes
checking for gsasl_check_version in -lgsasl... yes
checking for GnuSASL version>= 0.2.27... no
configure: error: no SASL backend available out of: gsasl

../conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libgsasl.so.7: cannot open