Hello

I am running jabberd 2.3.1 on FreeBSD 9.1. After I did the upgrade from Perl 5.12.5 to 5.16.3 (now with threads enabled) and rebuild all ports depending on Perl (which includes jabberd), I see the following behavior.

1) jabberd starts up just fine
2) I connect with my client and a few hostname are resolved just fine
3) after about 90 seconds a whole bunch of hostnames give the 'dns lookup for xxxx.xx timed out' error followed with router and sm 'shutting down' and then followed by c2s and s2s core dumping

Since the rebuild restart of jabberd before, the following probably relevant things also have changed:

- Ports gcc had been upgraded from gcc47-4.7.4.20131214 to gcc47-4.7.4.20140118 (required dependency from jabberd port)
- Ports udns had been upgraded from udns-0.2 to udns-0.3_1

I did see the thread "s2s: timed out dns lookups" and tried with the suggestion from there, but this did not help. This server does resolve just fine, as it did before, nothing has changed here. The working or failing hostname with dns lookup change with every startup / connnect I try.

What else could I test or try to resolve this?

bye
Fabian